The Ortu Group
Main Group and f-Block Organometallic Chemistry
Welcome to the webpage of the Ortu Research Group
- 12/2020: Matthew’s review on Rare Earth alkylidene chemistry is published in Comprehensive Organometallic Chemistry vol. IV. Well done Matthew! (doi:10.1016/B978-0-12-820206-7.00002-0)
- 09/2020: Alex Bowles (PhD) returns to the lab for his PhD studies, and Emily Spray (MChem) joins the team for her final year research project. Welcome both!
- 04/2020: Sara and Alex finish their projects in the lab; Alex is awarded an EPSRC DTP studentship and will be joining the team again in September.
- 04/2020: New paper published in Dalton Transactions from PDRA work with David Mills at Manchester.
- 04/2020: New perspective article published in International Journal of Quantum Chemistry on collaborative work in Molecular Magnetism, in collaboration with Conrad Goodwin (Los Alamos) and Daniel Reta (Manchester).
Who we are and what we do
We are a synthetic group based at the School of Chemistry, University of Leicester. Our research focuses on the organometallic chemistry of main group and f-block metals. Together with improving our fundamental understanding of these elements, we want to exploit their physicochemical properties for developing new methodologies applied to sustainable synthesis. Go to our Research page to know more about this, or visit the Group page to meet our team.As you can see, we love Schlenk-line chemistry…
Find out more about our research interests and current research themes
Go here to find out about opportunities to join our Team
Go here to know more about Fabs, his academic CV and favourite pastimes
List of publications in peer-reviewed journals from the Fabs and the Group