The Ortu Group
Main Group and f-Block Organometallic Chemistry
Welcome to the webpage of the Ortu Research Group
- 04/2020: New paper published in Dalton Transactions from PDRA work with David Mills at Manchester.
- 04/2020: New perspective article published in International Journal of Quantum Chemistry on collaborative work in Molecular Magnetism, in collaboration with Conrad Goodwin (Los Alamos) and Daniel Reta (Manchester).
- 04/2020: New paper published in Chemical Communications from PDRA work with David Mills at Manchester.
- 03/2020: New paper published in Chemistry – A European Journal form PDRA work with David Mills at Manchester, in collaboration with Rodolphe Clerac (Bordeaux).
- 03/2020: New paper published in Physical Reviews B from PDRA work with David Mills at Manchester.
Who we are and what we do
We are a synthetic group based at the School of Chemistry, University of Leicester. Our research focuses on the organometallic chemistry of main group and f-block metals. Together with improving our fundamental understanding of these elements, we want to exploit their physicochemical properties for developing new methodologies applied to sustainable synthesis. Go to our Research page to know more about this, or visit the Group page to meet our team.As you can see, we love Schlenk-line chemistry…
Find out more about our research interests and current research themes
Go here to find out about opportunities to join our Team
Go here to know more about Fabs, his academic CV and favourite pastimes
List of publications in peer-reviewed journals from the Fabs and the Group