The Ortu Group
Main Group and f-Block Organometallic Chemistry
Welcome to the webpage of the Ortu Research Group
- 9/2022: Fabs gives a talk at MICRA2022 in Durham. Thank to James Walton for the organisation and fantastic hospitality!
- 8/2022: Becky has finished her summer placement in the group (with three new crystal structures). Well done Becky!
- 8/2022: Archie has been awarded an RSC travel bursary to attend Terrae Rarae XXXI in Leipzig. Well done!
- 7/2022: Matthew presents a poster and Alex gives a talk at ICOMC in Prague. Well done both!
- 7/2022: New group paper published in Molecules! Work led by Matthew in collaboration with Inigo Vitorica (Manchester) and Lia Sotorrios (Heriot Watt).
- 7/2022: First research paper from the group published in Dalton Transactions! Work led by Matthew in collaboration with Inigo Vitorica (Manchester), Stuart Macgregor and Lia Sotorrios (Heriot-Watt). Congratulations everyone!
Who we are and what we do
We are a synthetic group based at the School of Chemistry, University of Leicester. Our research focuses on the organometallic chemistry of main group and f-block metals. Together with improving our fundamental understanding of these elements, we want to exploit their physicochemical properties for developing new methodologies applied to sustainable synthesis. Go to our Research page to know more about this, or visit the Group page to meet our team.As you can see, we love Schlenk-line chemistry…
Find out more about our research interests and current research themes
Go here to find out about opportunities to join our Team
Go here to know more about Fabs, his academic CV and favourite pastimes
List of publications in peer-reviewed journals from the Fabs and the Group