The Ortu Group
Main Group and f-Block Organometallic Chemistry
Welcome to the webpage of the Ortu Research Group
- 9/2022: Archie and Matthew attend XXXI Terrae Rarae in Leipzig and Matthew gives a talk.
- 9/2022: Elias Alexopoulos (PhD), Ajay Khela (MChem) and Becky Sheppard (MChem) have joined the group – for Becky this is a comeback! Welcome everyone!
- 9/2022: Fabs gives a talk at MICRA2022 in Durham. Thanks to James Walton for the organisation and fantastic hospitality!
- 8/2022: Becky has finished her summer placement in the group (with three new crystal structures). Well done Becky!
- 8/2022: Archie has been awarded an RSC travel bursary to attend Terrae Rarae XXXI in Leipzig. Well done!
Who we are and what we do
We are a synthetic group based at the School of Chemistry, University of Leicester. Our research focuses on the organometallic chemistry of main group and f-block metals. Together with improving our fundamental understanding of these elements, we want to exploit their physicochemical properties for developing new methodologies applied to sustainable synthesis. Go to our Research page to know more about this, or visit the Group page to meet our team.As you can see, we love Schlenk-line chemistry…
Find out more about our research interests and current research themes
Go here to find out about opportunities to join our Team
Dr Fabrizio Ortu
Go here to know more about Fabs, his academic CV and favourite pastimes
List of publications in peer-reviewed journals from the Fabs and the Group
Meet the Team
Get to know our Research Team and find out more about each Group member
Hot (and cold) off the press…
Fabrizio Ortu, PhD MRSC
Office 2.19, School of Chemistry
University of Leicester
LE1 7RH Leicester
Tel: +44(0)116 294 4670